Commercial Vehicle Technician - Ballyclare
Our client is a large Volvo truck and bus dealer in Northern Ireland have been established since 1970. They are known for their expertise in sales, and service of construction, industrial and access equipment. They are looking to appoint a commercial vehicle technician to join their family run group of businesses. They have also won many awards for their company and are a lovely company to work for.
You will be responsible for completion of jobs such as general servicing to fault finding, working on electrics and carrying out strips and rebuilds. You will need to ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturers procedures in a safe and responsible manner. Also making sure repairs are carried out in accordance with standard times using special tools where appropriate.
- Assist in fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair
- Work with the parts team to ensure correct replacement parts are fitted to vehicles
- Road testing vehicles if required
- Assist with roadside breakdowns
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop supervisor
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per company instructions
- Comply to company time recording processes and make sure job cards are completed correctly
- Ensure workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean tide and maintained
- Support the development of apprentices and trainees when required
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A flexible and positive attitude to the job
- Ability to work without supervision
- Polite and friendly manner while at delivery and collection destinations
- Good communication skills
- Punctual and self motivated
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.