CNC Miller - Setter / Operator - Shildon
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Our client is a precision engineering and fabrication family-run company with over 45 years. As they have a loyal, highly skilled, and dedicated workforce who are committed to CPD ensuring customer deadlines and quality requirements are continuously achieved with all sectors of machining, fabrication and engineering experience. They are based in Shildon, England.
Our client requires a CNC Miller – Setter/Operator, to set and operate CNC Machines with Fanuc and/or Heidenhain control systems
- Setting, and operate 3, 4 & 5 axis CNC mills.
- To hand Deburr and fettle detailed components
- Quality checking own work.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to offset coordinates.
- Read and understand technical engineering drawings.
- Be able to read understand CNC programmes, using machine interface
- Using our manufacturing system to be able to check material availability, part requirements, part routings and issue
- Operate within a 5s manufacturing cell environment
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Thorough experience in multi axis CNC machine tools milling
- Must be a proactive team player, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Must be able to setup and operate CNC mill machines.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and/or Heidenhain controls.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience post apprenticeship in a similar role.
- Engineering apprenticeship
- HNC/ BTec National Certificate/City and Guilds / NVQ Level
Hours of Work:
- Average 38 hours per week – 21day 11.5 hour shift cycle – 3 days, 4 off.
The candidates will need to confirm their identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as their nationality, immigration status and right to work in the UK.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.