£18,500 to £25,000 Per Annum
Cloud Accounts Technician or Senior - Plymouth
Salary: £18,500 – £25,000 per annum
Our client is an accounting practice with offices in Devon and Somerset. They are looking to appoint a Cloud Accounts Technician or Senior to join their accounts department in Plymouth.
You will be working within the company’s digital services team, encouraging the use of cloud and digital technologies with their clients.
- Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders up to the audit threshold
- Providing bookkeeping and management accounting services
- Supporting the delivery of digital services including digital health checks and efficiency reviews
- Working as part of the digital services team supporting the delivery of app research and recommendation engagements based upon the Xero app ecosystem
- Filing Companies House and HM Revenue & Customs documents on client’s behalf
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax computations and returns
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- General admin duties to provide support to Partner, managers and the office
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and approachable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Discreet, professional and team orientated in approach
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of working in a practice-based environment.
- AAT qualified or qualified by experience. (ACA/ACCA part qualified also considered)
- Previous experience in accounts preparation for limited companies and unincorporated businesses.
- Good working knowledge of general IT Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to present information effectively and concisely in emails and documents
- Good general education, including English and Maths at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- 36.25 hours, 5 days per week (Flexible working hours is available including a combination of working from home and in the office)
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Buy and sell holiday
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% after 4 years’ service
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.