Newcastle upon Tyne
Civils/ Infrastructure Engineer – Newcastle upon Tyne
Our client is a respected multi-disciplinary engineering Consultancy in the North East of England with an enviable national reputation. They believe in a proactive service that supports their clients’ aspirations in developing their projects, and consider themselves at the heart of the construction design process with the ability to have a significant and useful input at all levels and all stages.
Our client is looking for a practically minded Civil engineer, particularly those with a Cities and Development (including commercial, residential and education) background and experience in civil engineering structures, drainage design, utilities and pavement design.
- Contributing to the delivery of small to medium infrastructure projects as part of a technically focused design
- Production of designs for projects in accordance with relevant design standards and codes
- Ensuring the provision of efficient and high-quality engineering services, to a high level of quality assurance
- Point of contact for clients, contractors, design team and third parties including architects
- Offer support and guidance to more junior members of the team where necessary
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the City's and Development market (including commercial, residential and education)
- Experience of working in the Defence market (preferred dependent on level of overall experience)
- Experience of working on multi-discipline projects (preferred, depending on level of overall experience)
- Familiarity with current design standards and working practices (British Standards and Eurocodes)
- The design and analysis of drainage, utilities, paved and unpaved surfaces, earthworks, access and accessibility, construction logistics and familiarity with current UK design standards and working practices
- Experience in, and a desire to, collaborate within a technically orientated and technically focused team
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.