£35,000 to £60,000 Per Annum
Civil / Commercial litigation solicitor / legal executive
Location: Ashby de la Zouch / Hybrid working
Salary: £35,000 - £60,000 a year a year dependent on experience + benefits
Our client has been providing advice to local businesses and individuals for many years. Their leading team of lawyers have gained an enviable reputation in the Midlands, having guided several generations through their legal affairs and helped them achieve their goals. Whether you need sound advice, expert intervention, or decisive action, they have the right people.
They are now on the lookout for a suitably qualified and experienced Civil / Commercial litigation solicitor / legal executive to join their team in Ashby de la Zouch / Hybrid working
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The role is full time (35 hours a week, 9-5) with the option of hybrid working with up to 3 days from home.
- The successful candidate will be expected to have a high degree of self-management and initiative to manage a varied caseload.
Main responsibilities include:
- Handling a varied caseload of commercial and private litigation matters
- Ensuring that all client work is progressed in a timely manner and that the client is kept informed throughout, delivering exceptional customer service
- Reporting on the nature and progress of work at departmental meetings and monthly 1-2-1’s
- Making files available monthly for review
- Diligent and accurate use of the firm’s case management system
- Compliance with all file and case management quality standards as laid down in the office manual, and in accordance with the Law Society requirements
- Building upon the firm’s reputation to attract key clients and assist with the firm’s marketing initiatives
- Undertaking any relevant training as and when required and comply with the Law Society CPD requirements.
- Assisting the Head of Department with any other relevant duties as and when required and working together to promote the department as a whole.
The post holder may be required to perform any reasonable tasks commensurate with the role and level of responsibility at the request of the Directors.
Qualifications Skills and Experience:
Interested applicants should ideally be:
- Suitably qualified.
- Experience in dealing with commercial litigation matters.
- The ability to handle a varied caseload with minimal supervision.
- A target driven approach.
- Exceptional client care skills.
- A highly organised approach and the ability to prioritise.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A can do attitude.
- An ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently.
- Exceptional communication skills (both verbal and written)
There should be no restrictions placed upon the applicants’ practicing certificate
- £35,000 - £60,000 a year a year dependent on experience + benefits
- 23 days holiday, plus bank holidays plus Christmas shut down period.
- Life assurance death in service benefit at 3x salary,
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- New employee referral incentives
- Hybrid working
- Company sick pay
- Professional development
- Employee of the quarter awards, birthday wheel, free fruit, payday lunches, social events, and volunteer time for staff.
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Civil / Commercial litigation solicitor / legal executive and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.