Education & Training
£19,000 to £20,800 Per Annum
Childcare Practitioner - Level 3
Location: Haringey, London
£19,000 - £20,800 pa Full Time, Permanent
Our client emphasis on a safe and comfortable place where children feel secure and happy. It is a ‘home away from home ‘where everything is directed at bringing the best out of each child in terms of language, intellectual imagination, and social interaction. They hold a long-standing philosophy of promoting children’s early learning through play. This view has been highlighted within the revised Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) where it discusses the importance of these play experiences to build a solid foundation for future learning and the development of each individual child.
Our client is looking for a Level 3 Childcare Practitioner who encourages the children to develop skills and to learn by examples whilst playing, thus making the learning process both fun and enjoyable.
- To promote and create a stimulating and educational environment to encourage the children to develop independence and self-reliance.
- To implement the philosophy of LJP and to create a welcoming and family friendly environment.
- To contribute to the strategic planning, monitoring, evaluation, and development of the Preschool.
- To deliver daily activities and ensure that each session runs smoothly and without repetition.
- To always contribute to high standards of care and education of children between 12months and five years in accordance with statutory requirements.
- To promote the EYFS and ensure that the principles are adhered to.
- To effectively communicate with the children, staff and with all partner organisations.
- To maintain equipment and resources in the Preschool
- To ensure that all new children receive the appropriate induction and settling programme.
- To act as a key person and observe and prepare written assessments of the progress of each key child.
- To actively participate in ensuring the maintenance of a healthy and safe environment for the children.
- Supervision / Management of People
- From time to time there may be a requirement to supervise staff who are appointed for supply work or students on placement.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.