Chartered Engineer - Office Lead
Salary: Very Competitive DOE
Our client are consulting engineers, they are a private limited company with over 40 years’ experience, where all the directors are practising engineers. They operate from 6 offices strategically placed around the country, which enables them to provide local staff regardless of project location. Their multidisciplinary approach allows the right skillset coupled with appropriate experience, to efficiently service their client’s needs.
A full benefits package includes life insurance, pension, medical, cash plan, employee assistance programme, staff discounts and excellent training and career progression to directorship.
Effectively managing the local officeto ensure it’s profitable by attracting and maintaining the right local clients that fit the local economy but also the strategic direction of the business. In addition to this ensuring the local office resources are fully utilised, deliver technical competence and are provided with a great place to work with day to day leadership and links with the discipline and sector leads across the Group. Supporting the Board and wider Groupto effectively implementing departmental, office and Board strategies and contribute to the company’s overall strategic decisions.
Instrumental in the development, roll-out and communication of any directives from the Operations Board and monitor feedback and support with any further changes.
- Lead in a positive and supportive manner, demonstrating group best culture and practices and ensuring that these are bought into by staff.
- Communicate with the staff on ongoing board, group and local developments and plans.
- Deliver profitability through oversight of financial performance, project management and delivery, and client management.
- Lead business development and marketing, liaising with the board, discipline leads and other offices on group strategy, and driving forward locally.
- Maintain staff morale through training, support and other activities.
- Weekly workload meetings to ensure local office staff are fully resourced and supported
- Project review meetings are taking place and managed correctly to ensure projects are profitable and delivered to the clients on time.
- Timesheets, invoicing are all managed and completed in a timely manner.
- Managing the debts for the office and taking further action when required.
- Reviewing quotes that have gone out and changing or adjusting as required.
- Review and report on predicted/future invoicing.
- Working closely with the local office PA.
- Supporting with the Bidding process to ensure they are going for and securing the right projects for the local office and wider Group.
- Chairing local office bi-monthly meetings and communicating Operations Board updates.
- Having regular catchups with the Associates to ensure teams are running effectively
- Managing and monitoring Appraisals for staff, support the Associates with the process and generally supporting all staff as and when required.
- Report to the board on a bi-monthly basis.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Commercially aware, with successful client relationships and able to develop new client relationships.
- Leads by example and is approachable and professional when dealing with staff and clients.
- Collaborates effectively at local office level and across the group.
- Self-motivated and ability to manage own workload and the wider team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be encouraged to advance within the Group with the opportunity for directorship
- Candidates must be a Chartered engineer from civil, structural or geotechnical background
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.