£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Cell and Molecular Pharmacologist -Nottingham
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
Our client is currently looking for a Cell and Molecular Pharmacologist in Nottingham. They are a laboratory-based Contract Research Organisation (CRO) specialising in Oncology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Inflammation and Respiratory therapeutic areas. They provide bespoke pre-clinical/early discovery phase laboratory services to support Biotech, Pharmaceutical companies and Academic groups in their drug discovery projects. Their aim is to assist their clients in expediting their drug development programmes by providing high quality ethical services. Our client is continually striving to offer added value to all their discovery projects. They achieve this by constantly reviewing and evaluating new technologies that complement and augment their preclinical in vitro capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Undertake laboratory work as required and be responsible for drafting SOPs, COSHH as relevant
- Prepare and present complex scientific information to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise and develop the technical capabilities of the department
- Keep abreast of regulatory and scientific guidelines and industry expectations and contribute to the establishment and delivery of appropriate services within the department.
- Provide expert advice on specific projects to colleagues and clients, maintaining awareness of current trends, issues and developments.
- Take a lead on method development, method transfer, method validation and optimization.
- Taking a lead role in problem resolution and ensure that the conduct and reporting of the project complies with the client requirements including review of data and production of scientific reports.
- Maintain stock of reagents and consumables required for client projects
- Continually seek to identify opportunities for and lead improvements in quality, productivity and automation and the introduction of new tests and techniques.
- Assist the scientific team in securing relevant accreditations.
- Assist in obtaining new business and in client inspection visits.
- Develop and maintain training programme modules in own area of expertise to meet client requirements and realise individual potential.
- Assist in the implementation of new equipment, IT systems and procedures / processes.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally you will have a PhD in pharmacology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- An experience working in a CRO or on client projects is highly desirable
- Significant experience and knowledge of a broad range of bioscience related disciplines (enzymology, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology) and their application to drug discovery
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Strategic mindset with a demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Proven ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Demonstrated computer skills – requires excellent MS Office Experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of employees that are dedicated to making every project a great success. Our clients benefits package includes a competitive salary, performance and target related bonus annually, 3% employer pension contribution, 24 days annual leave, flexible working options and access to an on-site Cafe. This position is based at our Nottingham office.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.