£45,000 to £55,000 Per Annum
CDM Consultant / Principal Designer - Glasshoughton
My client delivers world class health and safety solutions, working intelligently and adaptively as part of the wider project team. Their growth and project history is evidence of the strong and successful relationships they build with our clients. This, along with their commitment to professionalism and a no-nonsense approach to safety, helps them not only meet their clients’ needs but also sets them apart the rest.
They have a passion for keeping people safe and helping their clients deliver projects successfully, working in partnership with each client to enable safer working.
My client is looking for motivated, professional and experienced CDM Consultant/Principal Designer to join their team.
Specialising in health and safety, you will have the opportunity to develop your experience working on high profile projects.
In addition to the very competitive salary, there are excellent benefits including:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays, which increases after every two years’ service – to an industry leading maximum 43 days after 10 years
- Long service recognition
- Ongoing training and support from a central team based at our head office in West Yorkshire
- A fantastic work culture, with events organised throughout the year to bring the team together
- Yearly salary reviews
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Providing clients with advice on developing and implementing their health and safety management systems
- Ensuring clients comply with CDM regulations
- Providing the duties of Principal Designer or Advisor to another Principal Designer
- Attending design team and project team CDM meetings
- Liaising with contractors and maintaining full communication throughout the duration of the project
- Preparing pre-construction information packs, design risk registers and compiling project health and safety files
- Auditing construction sites and providing client reports
- Producing general health and safety risk assessments
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (ideally NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or NVQ Level 6)
- Association for Project Safety membership preferable
- Strong technical knowledge of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Ideally with 2 to 3 years’ experience within a consultancy environment
- Full driving licence and own vehicle
- The ability to build long-standing client relationships
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage your own time
- A nature that thrives in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Patience, level-headedness, and the ability to work well under pressure
- The ability to react quickly and efficiently to changing demands and requirements
- Motivation and drive to progress within the company
- A willingness to travel to sites elsewhere in the UK and spend the occasional night away from home
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.