£11.99 Per Hour
Caretaker – Easton Maudit
Hours: 30hours a week – Flexible Working – Monday – Friday
My client is a small rural charity that provides accommodation, care, and support to adults with learning disabilities. Both homes provide accommodation for 28 individuals. The properties are based in Easton Maudit & Yardley Hastings, Northamptonshire.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for maintaining the quality standards of the internal and external areas of both properties. The role of maintenance man is to competently resolve all maintenance issues, maintain the communal areas clean and tidy, undertake/ oversee basic/ routine maintenance and provide a high level of customer service to all residents and visitors to both properties.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, and willing to use own initiative to stay on top of everyday maintenance tasks. Full driving licence preferable due to the rural location.
- Ensure that areas are always clean and tidy
- Complete site walk arounds to look for issues at both properties.
- Report any faults and/or items to be repaired to the Registered Manager.
- Oversee and assist with minor maintenance tasks such as adjusting doors/hinges, door closers and handles
- Facilitate the touching-up of paintwork within communal areas
- Undertake litter picking and cleaning of external hard-landscaped areas
- To assist with refuse movement and waste collection for a streamline process ensuring bin stores are accessible on collection days and or bins are at dedicated collection points
- Oversee the cleaning of the car park, ensuring these areas are kept clean, secure, and free for any hazards always.
- To facilitate soft-landscaping duties such as grass cutting, watering, and weed removal
- Assist with system testing around the development (including services such as emergency lighting and fire alarms/smoke vents).
- Mechanical & Electrical Plant Equipment – Be accustomed with typical mechanical and electrical plant equipment and their operations together with communal heating systems.
- Monitoring the Building Management System
- Organise and communicate with external organisations, for example plumbers, electricians etc
- Assist with contractor signing-in/out/procedures and ensure they are working safely/ complying with Health & Safety regulations on site.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Previous Caretaker experience advantageous
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Always have and maintain high professional standards
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence (Preferable)
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.