Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
£45,000 Per Annum
Care Home Manager - Finchley
Salary: £45000 Depending on Experience and Qualifications
Our Clients offer a Residential Care Home Service, they are a well-established, private registered home, family owned and managed with a proven commitment to sustaining the personal wellbeing of all residents.
Its setting is particularly attractive, featuring spacious and well-appointed buildings and surroundings which include extensive, peaceful gardens.
Local transport links are excellent, and the home is within easy walking distance of North Finchley's main shopping area and amenities as well as nearby Friary Park.
The Home specialises in providing both intermediate and long-term care for vulnerable and elderly residents, including those who are mentally frail (EMI) or suffering from brain injury. It aims to ensure that all residents can maintain a quality of life which is both individualised and responsive to their particular needs within a homely setting. Residents are thus assured of privacy, independence and dignity supported by the highest possible standards of sympathetic professional care.
Continuous 24-hour care is provided by highly qualified staff supported by a team of other professionals such as Consultants, GP's and Psycho-geriatricians.
Reporting to the Directors and being responsible for the overall function of the residential care home.
As the manager you must be able to build relationships with multi-disciplinary teams, care staff, residents and relatives and be able to work under pressure to deal with complex and sensitive issues.
The manager must ensure all appropriate systems are in place to provide exceptional care to residents and will ensure that care is provided in accordance with current Safeguarding and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLs) legislation.
Providing leadership and management to the entire team, the manager will support staff to reach their potential using tools such as personal development reviews to assess and nurture development potential in all team members.
- Supervising staff within a care home setting
- Assessments, care plans and Mental Capacity Act
- Providing care services to older people with dementia
- Experience of training and development of staff
- Knowledge of the inspection and registration process
- Knowledge of the care planning process using online technology
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with and for older people
- Collaborate with a wide range of staff across all levels
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to understand and implement policies and procedures and work within these whilst ensuring that they are conveyed correctly by staff under your supervision
- Prioritise your workload and that of your team in the context of competing demands
- Work within the parameters of the CQC inspection and registration
- Ability to work within the context of care planning processes
- Up-to-date knowledge of the clinical and social care of older people in palliative care and dementia care
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- QCG Level 3 and above in Dementia or Equivalent
- QCH Level 2 and above in End of Life Care or equivalent
- City and Guilds D32/D33 NVQ Assessors Course
- QCF Level 4-5 Leadership & Management or equivalent
- Good IT skills
- Microsoft Office
After probationary period, a company car and other benefits may be possible.
As well as the standard Statutory Holidays, an extra day off for your birthday is possible.
Clinical training, support and developmental opportunities.
Fully funded training
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.