£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
CAD Technician (Structural) - Warwick
Salary: £25k - £30k + Benefits
Our client is highly experienced Multi discipline Construction Consultancy. Delivering professional, integrated efficient design and consultancy solutions for the built environment. From inception to completion, irrespective of project size.
Residential, Transport, Rail Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Education, Healthcare, Industrial, Public Buildings, Office, Retail & Leisure.
Our client is looking for an experienced CAD Technician to join them in their Leamington Spa office. To prepare civil and structural engineering drawings and details using AutoCAD and other duties depending on ability such as designs, surveys etc. The successful candidate will be the primary CAD resource for a team of five engineers within the Leamington office, and will be expected to be flexible and adaptive in the type of work undertaken as to support the wider group.
Workload will be varied and will comprise mainly low-medium rise structures where Revit is not commonly used. Some Revit experience will, however, be useful as it is becoming more common in workload experienced through the group and there will be opportunity to use this skill on projects in the future.
- To prepare structural engineering drawings.
- To input into the group CAD resource providing expertise and experience.
- To occasionally attend site to inspect various stages of construction works independently or with an Engineer.
- To occasionally carry out visual surveys.
- To work to company CAD procedures, promoting good practice throughout the group.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 5 GCSE’s grade A-C, including Maths and English.
- Ideally an HNC/HND or similar in an appropriate built environment.
- Experience in working with AutoCAD (minimum 3 years of experience).
- Good knowledge of Building Structures.
- Ability to carry out reinforced concrete detailing would be an advantage.
- Some knowledge of Highways and Drainage would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to use Microsoft software namely Excel, Outlook, Word and Teams.
- An understanding of NHBC Chapter 4.2 building near trees would be of benefit.
- Revit experience is not essential but will be taken into consideration.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
- Comply with the requirements of the company Quality Assurance system and other Policy Documents.
- Assist with general office duties when other staff require help.
- Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.