IT & Internet
£40,000 Per Annum
Business Systems Developer
Remote / Working from Home
Salary: Up to £40,000 + benefits
Our client is not like other broadband providers and they don’t really want to be. They’re currently on a mission to ensure rural villages in the East of England can access full-fibre broadband, that’s future-ready. Unlike many other broadband service providers, they work with the community to build full-fibre broadband networks, which they fund through private investment. They then provide a new, future ready, Hyper fast service to homes and businesses within the village.
They are now looking for an experienced Business Systems Developer to join their team working remotely.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design client-side and server-side architecture.
- Develop databases, backend applications and appealing front-end UI.
- Create and maintain systems documentation.
- Explore options to use off the shelf or readymade software applications to complete projects in shorter timeframe if appropriate.
- Quickly learn and configure off the shelf or readymade software applications.
- Write effective APIs.
- Integrate with external systems and SaaS application using API.
- Help to manage and maintain current business applications.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software as required.
- Participate in development review process, including code review.
- Help to prepare technical requirement documentation, work breakdown structure and estimations.
- Assist in risk identification and preparing mitigation plan.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience of software development in telecommunications would be an advantage
- At least three years of experience in developing and managing databases and backend applications.
- Must have completed at least two projects that include integration between applications using APIs
- Minimum of three years of front-end UI or web design skills experience
- Experience of integration with SaaS applications (desirable)
- Knowledge of systems security and data protection
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as PHP. At least three years of PHP experience preferred (desirable)
- Proficient with database technology such as MySQL and SQL Server (desirable)
- Agile or similar methodologies experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Keen sense of responsibility and self-motivation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform and deliver results under pressure
- Willing to learn and adopt new technology and platforms required in future projects (desirable)
- As this is a working from home opportunity it’s important that you can accommodate home working, this includes suitable space to work from and an internet connection which will support it (minimum download speed of 10Mbps).
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly regarded team of experts that is dedicated to making every project a great success. You’ll get a package including a competitive salary, excellent working conditions, and additional benefits.
- Up to £40,000 + benefits
- The opportunity to work with a diverse team of professionals
- The chance to work for a growing organisation
- Remote / working from home
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.