Business Manager - Automotive - Preston
Salary: Very Competitive
My client is one of the most successful independently owned automotive businesses in the region. They supply new and used cars nationally at great prices and are driven by customer satisfaction.
As a Business Manager, your Key Objectives will be: To support the Sales Manager in all activities to ensure driving maximum performances of the sales team to achieve marketing, sales and financial targets, including Manufacturer New Vehicle Purchasing Agreement.
Please note that the salary on offer is wholly dependent on the skills, experience and value obtained of the successful applicant. This position therefore has a truly negotiable salary, which will be discussed further as part of the recruitment process.
- In Support of the Sales Manager to organise, direct and control the activities of Sales staff and administrative support to achieve plans and budgets, ensuring optimum use of all material, financial and personnel resources;
- To contribute to the development of all operating and administrative policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of all tasks smoothly and in a timely manner;
- To be fully conversant with all Sales Department procedures;
- To maximise the profitable sale of finance, credit insurance, GAP, accessories and extended warranties to a minimum of published manufacturers penetration levels;
- To Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of Sales staff to ensure maximum direct selling time and effective handling of all sales activities;
- Provide guidance and training to sales people to improve their job performance;
- In support of the sales manager carry out sales meeting to ensure motivation, performance management, customer satisfaction review, communication of desktop bulletins, campaign enhancements, sales opportunities and accurate sales forecasts;
- To ensure that all departmental processes comply fully with F.S.A Regulations;
- To ensure that all departmental policies, processes and procedures comply with Manufacturer standards requirements (E.g. prospecting and demonstrator logs, V.O.T operational requirements);
- To be fully aware of and to comply with, all elements of the manufacturer approved used car programme;
- In agreement with the Sales Manager Develop, agree and evaluate a training programme for retailer sales team members aimed at improving the sales performance and future potential in line with brand development;
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment; ensuring adhere with Health and Safety requirements;
- To ensure that confidentiality is maintained.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience in Business Manager Role within the Automotive industry
- This role is for someone looking for a long term position
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.