£30,000 Per Annum
Business Development / Sales Executive - Stockport
Salary: £30k plus bonus structure
My client is a UK-based, privately owned company specialising in the manufacture of formulated pesticide products for sale and distribution in worldwide agricultural, public health and animal health markets.
Their mission is to protect the health of crops and people worldwide by providing quality agrochemical products in a sustainable manner. This mission is underpinned by their core values of honesty, reliability, flexibility, capability and most importantly quality.
They are a leading worldwide generic pesticide supplier, offering UK manufactured products. They pride themselves on their flexibility and can offer a wide range of formulation types, as well as low minimum order quantities. They are proud to offer bespoke formulations to suit their clients’ market requirements, all manufactured to the highest quality standards.
My client, has an excellent opportunity for a Business Development / Sales Executive to take a varied and challenging role. The job will essentially entail identifying business opportunities by determining and evaluating prospects, and eventually developing these opportunities into sales via establishing contact and developing relationships with prospective customers.
This combined role needs an individual with a positive approach, great attention to detail and a passion for delivering exceptional customer service. The ideal candidate will be proactive, confident and have excellent negotiation skills. Experience working within the Agrochemical sector will be advantageous, but not essential. Emphasis will be placed upon account management skills and a history of sales success, and evidence of expertise in identifying and develop new potential business via new customers and markets. Effective territory management and highly developed customer facing skills are essential.
- Developing and achieving business goals and objectives leading to growth and prosperity
- Following business plans and strategies which promote the attainment of goals
- Build business by identifying and selling prospects; maintaining relationships with clients.
- Identifying business opportunities by determining prospects (from territories and potential customers) and evaluating their position in the industry; researching and analysing sales options.
- Identify potential business from knowledge on prevailing industry trends, market activities, and competitor’s activities.
- Developing opportunities and conversion into sales by establishing contact and developing relationships with prospective customers.
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; recommending profit and service improvements.
- Maintain quality service by upholding company / division standards.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops (both in-house and external); reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; researching novel practices; and/or participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing required results as needed.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Currently working as sales account manager with additional experience / skills of sourcing and purchasing, and operations.
- Excellent Business Acumen.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Analysis & Prospecting skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Target driven.
- Highly creative.
- Sales Planning skills.
- Independent worker.
- Highly Motivated for Sales
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of whole business process and strategy.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases and information systems.
- Delegation (of tasks to sales support staff).
- Reporting to higher management.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.