£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Business Development Manager - Remote / Home based / National
Salary: £30k to £35k
Our Client are dedicated to bringing product information life in a simple way that keeps brands and end consumers, safe. They are now one of the strongest, most versatile technical and regulatory teams in the world for the food manufacturing industry.
They are seeking to add an additional Business Development Manager to join the Business Development Team. As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for the acquisition and retention of new business. Through a combination of excellent customer service and the ability to get to the heart of what their clients want, the BD Team set their Advisory Services Team up for success by getting a clear brief and managing client expectations.
Responsible for management of the inflow of opportunities from existing clients as well as the generation and qualification of new business leads, qualifying them for new sales opportunities and nurturing them to realise new business.
On any given day you may be speaking to key industry figures about new product launches, working with their regulatory advisors to put together service proposals and quotations, or meeting your clients face-to-face to solve their problems. This is a highly varied job that requires the ability to be flexible, and open to new challenges.
A knowledge of the food industry and / or regulatory experience, as well as project management experience would be desirable.
- Develop and manage relationships across a range of Key Clients, partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Identify key areas or opportunities for profitable growth
- Ensure Client queries and requests for new work are responded to in a timely manner
- Pitching their services to existing and new clients, quoting and closing the sale
- Work together with customers and internal teams to ensure that while customer satisfaction is maintained, and the needs of the business are fulfilled.
Skill Set and Experience:
- Sales and Customer Management Experience
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Numerate, logical and with good IT skills.
- A competitive nature
- In-depth Customer Service Experience
- Strong Administration Experience
- Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the business.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.