Business Development Manager – Northampton, Leicester and Manchester
Salary: Dependent on experience
Reporting to: Head of Sales
My client is a leading family-owned freight and logistics companies in Ireland, their experienced team has over 30years experience with nationwide distribution network in Ireland and the UK, and a global partner network spanning 173 countries.
Due to expansion and growth, they are now looking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager. Over the past 30 years my client has become a multinational, multi award winning global freight and logistics company, with world class partners offering freight forwarding, customs clearance, road, air and ocean freight, as well as logistics and warehousing solutions.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to generate and develop new business with both new and existing customers by increasing business across all service channels with a strong emphasis on B2B sales and advantageous to have previous experience in Irish/UK market. You will be driven and self-motivated with a proven track record in sales and business development. The successful candidate will be well versed with the ever-changing dynamics of this fast-paced and exciting industry.
You will have the ability to maintain customer relationships of existing and new clients, ensuring you schedule weekly appointments across the UK and follow through and running weekly reports on qualified appointments. You will manage an allocated customer account list with the view to grow existing business every quarter whilst maintaining a minimum of 85-90% retention rate across your allocated accounts.
- To represent the Company in a professional, respectful and courteous manner both internally and externally always.
- To promote the services offered and their global partners to current clients.
- To develop both new and existing business using both current database and other sources (Manifests, sales leads, tradeshows, etc.) for the services supplied ensuring that all relevant key information is maintained and recovered within CRM.
- Schedule meetings across the UK with potential and existing clients four days per week with a minimum of 20 qualified calls per week.
- Present and deliver completed tenders for suitable qualified business.
- Consistently achieve minimum sales targets as set out by the Head of Sales and/or nominee.
- Source, develop and secure new business opportunities and maintain current customer database on CRM system.
- Provide timely information and quotations to prospective clients, while following up on all quotations issued and recording key information.
- Target specific areas, sectors and streams of business for development as required.
- Produce designated reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Promote online services to both new and existing customers.
- Assist in the managing and developing of both new and existing clients for both current and new services.
- Flexibility on assisting (possibly leading) with relevant Company projects, when and if required.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Third level business/logistics qualification or equivalent industrial experience.
- Full clean driving license.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in business to business sales. Especially a track record with selling to senior management level.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in the freight/logistics industry would be desirable not essential.
- Demonstrated expertise in relationship management and managing customer accounts.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills, negotiation skills and time management skills.
- IT literate and working knowledge/proficiency in Excel, Microsoft word & PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
- Strong commercial awareness & numerical skills..
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written & oral.
- Must be flexible to travel, both locally & internationally
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.