£25,000 to £30,000 Per Annum
Remote / Home-based
Business Development Executive - Remote / Home-based
Salary: £25 to £30k
Our client are dedicated to bringing product information life in a simple way that keeps brands and end consumers, safe. They are one of the strongest, most versatile technical and regulatory teams in the world for the food manufacturing industry.
They are seeking to add an additional Business Development Executive to join the Business Development Team.
The Business Development Team are responsible for the acquisition and retention of new clients. Through a combination of excellent customer service and the ability to get to the heart of what their clients want, the BD Team set their Advisory Services Team up for success by getting a clear brief and managing client expectations.
Responsible for management of the inflow of opportunities from potential new clients as well as generation and qualification of new business leads, qualifying them for new sales opportunities and nurturing them to realise new business.
On any given day you may be speaking to key industry figures about new product launches, working with their regulatory advisors to put together service proposals and quotations, or meeting your clients face-to-face to solve their problems. This is a highly varied job that requires the ability to be flexible, and open to new challenges. A knowledge of the food industry and or project management experience would be advantageous.
- Generate New business and qualify leads.
- Management of requests for new business efficiently
- Scoping work requests with the client and developing a clear brief of what services are required
- Creating and issuing work quotations for new projects, using established rate card and following up to close the sale
- Liaising with the Advisory Services Team to provide answers to specialist queries in a timely manner
- Checking and maintaining complete and accurate data on relevant systems, at all stages of the project
- Producing required reporting with agreed content on a regular schedule
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with clients and taking on account management duties for these clients if required. This may include face-to-face client meetings, regular reporting and the development and implementation of process improvements to ensure the customer has the best possible experience with the company.
- Attending, and contributing to, regular internal meetings to keep the Business Development Manager and Sector Director updated on the progress of your projects and clients
Skill Set and Experience:
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A quick learner, with a passion for problem-solving
- A competitive nature
- Experience in Cold calling and lead generation
- Self-motivated with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Customer service-oriented and committed to providing an outstanding level of service
- Professional, and able to communicate appropriately with clients
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Friendly, approachable, and flexible – a team player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic – demonstrating a “can do” attitude
- Strong telephone communication
- Numerate, logical and with good IT skills.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.