IT & Internet
£55,000 Per Annum
UK OR Ireland
Business Data Analyst (AWS/Agile) – Remote/ UK or Ireland
My client is an award-winning Publishing House. They are one of the largest commercial publisher and digital platforms in the UK and are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers.
Users of the platform include journalists, editors, commercial and legal teams within Reach Plc, including specific features that support specific use cases. Further use cases have been outlined within the backlog but will need further refinement.
They are looking for a Business Analyst (Data) who will focus on capturing the requirements for Hive Alpha and the BI team. HiveAlpha is the publishing house content analytics application, it includes article publication data for all their publications and for a number of competitor news feeds and social media feeds.
100% Home-based (UK or Ireland).
- You will liaise with technical and non-technical staff in order to understand the data landscape, analyse, and prioritise key data processes.
- Create direct channels of communication between the business and data team that facilitates the creation of data pipelines into Hive Alpha without managerial interjection.
- Using your ability to understand data you will highlight and flag potential impacts to data pipelines in use for Hive Alpha.
- You will need to capture and investigate data to determine its viability for reporting alongside the business requirements.
- Mapping out business processes to understand how data flows between systems, this includes liaising with stakeholders explaining to them what data is available and how it could be used from a strategic perspective.
- Complete the business analysis around Hive Alpha requirements to a high standard, including definition glossary terms, business concepts and data workflow mapping.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree-level education Computer Science or Information Management, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years as a business analyst working with data teams, ideally focused on work in or around data products specifically within the AWS stack.
- Experience of working in an AGILE fashion.
- Worked with business facing Data and BI teams to capture requirements and translate them into specific items of work that answer the needs of the business.
- Experience of working on Data projects from the outset/ requirement gathering stage.
- Detailed analytical abilities focused on content consumption and Customer interaction patterns and frequencies.
- Experience in Agile delivery environment as a Data Business Analyst.
- The ability to write and comprehend simple SQL (postgres is a plus) queries is a requirement to help facilitate a thorough understanding of the data.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.