£55,000 Per Annum
Building Regulations Surveyor – Surrey
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
Our Client is established in the provision of building control services.
A Building Regulations Surveyor to join a busy team, working 36 per week (flexible working hours) or reduced hours as agreed.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- A fully qualified Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or The Chartered Association of Building Engineers or; possess a Degree in Building Control and be an Incorporated Member of one or both of the above Institute / Association and be actively pursuing member status.
- The Post-holder must have experience actively performing the Building Control functions, two years of which must be post qualification.
- Possession of current driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Within a defined geographical area, to be responsible for the examination of all applications deposited under the Building Regulation legislation, including Full Plans, Building Notices and Initial Notices and the subsequent recommendations for approval or rejection.
- To inspect building work during the course of construction and to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations.
- To ensure that all the Company’s performance targets relevant to application processing and inspection monitoring in relation to the defined geographical area are achieved.
- To investigate and deal with, as appropriate, reports of dangerous structures and any alleged Building Regulation contravention.
- To respond to demolition notices and to monitor such activities.
- To maintain close liaison with Sections and other Divisions within the Local Authority, particularly Development Control, and to report any discrepancy or deviation of building work, which affects their particular discipline.
- The Company as a whole operates as a team, and each Building Regulations Surveyor is expected to assist other Surveyors as workload dictates.
- To carry out such other duties, as may be necessary in connection with the efficient and effective operation of the Company.
- Promote the success of the organisation with consideration to its vision, mission and values
- Initial plan checking and reporting recommendations including liaison with sections in the Local Authority.
- Building Regulation Site Inspections
- Other Site Inspections
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.