Bicycle Mechanic - Epsom, Surrey
Salary: D.O.E. on Interview
Our client prides itself on their London and Surrey family cycle shops. They have an amazing range for the whole family bicycles featuring Brompton, Specialized, Reise & Müller, Go Cycle, Haibike, Tern, Raleigh, Merida & specialist E - Bike showroom. Plus, same day repairs.
Our client offers bikes for all the family from everyday commuters, folding bikes, road bikes, MTB's and great range of kid’s bikes. They stock cycling accessories and components, for all manner of bikes. Our client runs a cycle repair service in their fully equipped workshop, so whatever the customers cycling needs are they can come in store for a more personal cycling experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Bicycle Mechanic to join our client’s team. The role of Workshop Mechanic is to strengthen & support the customer focused sales team by delivering 1st class mechanical services to a professional standard. Success in the role is defined by displaying both enthusiasm and technical expertise for workshop services every day.
Enhancing the customer experience by striving to help riders of all abilities discover the benefits of cycling. Facilitating these rider benefits through the use of proven 1st class mechanical skills, you will be instrumental in helping our client grow demand for premium workshop services across all categories of their business by building a robust community of inspired riders & fans of the shop.
- Efficient workshop management
- 1st Class Analogue-Bike technical servicing
- 1st Class E-Bike technical servicing
- Bike building
- Wheel building, Electronic systems, Hydraulic systems
- Proactive rider communication & customer service tasks
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Qualified to a Cytech Technical standard, & e-bike technical experience from Bosch, Shimano, Yamaha, Mahle, Brose, Fazua is preferred, although specific training in all areas will be provided to the successful candidate
- Bicycle retail industry experience
- Connected to the riding scene at an enthusiasts’ level
- Loves to ride bikes
- Personal focus on the customer (Rider centric approach)
- Detail orientated
- Inspires people
- Loves cycling
- Enthusiastic across all aspects of bicycle maintenance
- Sweats the small details and goes deep on technical knowledge
- Champions E-Bikes & shares their benefits with others
- Loves people, and relishes the opportunity to nurture relationships
- Quickly and positively adapts to the ever-changing needs of the business
- Our client offers an industry leading salary, based on ability and experience.
- Pension Scheme – Enrolment into company pension scheme
- Staff Purchase – Our client offers a generous staff purchase scheme
- Working Hours – 5 days per week, Mon – Saturday: 9am – 6pm , Sunday: 10am-4pm
- Holiday – 28 days holiday including bank
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.