£25,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Central London with immediate start date
Salary circa £25k – 35K per annum depending on experience + Benefits
- Do you have around three years of clerking experience
- Or similar office-based experience working in a high-pressured environment
- Show experience in negotiation and persuasion
- Evidence problem-solving ability
- Demonstrate excellent time management and a keen eye for detail
An opportunity has arisen for a Barristers’ Clerk to join their talented clerking team. A Barristers’ Clerk is responsible for managing the practice and business activities of the barristers within a set of Chambers.
A leading set of commercial barristers’ chambers, with a thriving domestic and international practice are looking for a Barrister’s Clerk to join their practice.
Their barristers specialise in providing their servicesacross the areas of construction and engineering; energy and natural resources; infrastructure and utilities; international arbitration; IT and technology; offshoreconstruction and marine engineering; procurement and competition, planning and associatedprofessional negligence.
The Barristers’ Clerk will work as the junior in a team of three clerks, in conjunction with the Director of Clerking, and members of the other clerking teams. General duties include scheduling meetings, negotiating fees on behalf of barristers, liaising with the courts in relation to hearings, marketing and developing the business of barristers to maintain a supply of work, maintaining excellent client relationships with solicitors and other professional clients, and assisting with the collection of fees.
Candidate Skills and Experience:
- Gained at leasttwo A Levels or equivalentqualifications.
- Be a team player who is also able to work unsupervised and under pressure.
- Have excellent people skills and the ability to build both strong internal and external relationships.
- Have excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Show experience in negotiation and persuasion.
- Evidence problem-solving ability.
- Be able to demonstrate a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and a keen eye for detail.
- Be able discreetly to handle confidential information.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14 January
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.