IT & Internet
£35,000 Per Annum
AV Technical Support Specialist - Bristol
Salary: £35k based on experience
The client offers world class Audio-Visual, Video Conferencing and Telepresence systems and services. Working out of Bristol and Marlow offices in the UK they have provided Audio-Visual, Video conferencing, and Telepresence solutions in over 35 countries to date. They offer unrivalled experience and expertise and having forged strong alliances with all the leading manufacturers, they are truly independent. They undertake rigorous, ongoing training courses and external examinations to maintain industry knowledge and skill sets that are second to none.
The client provides a comprehensive portfolio of Audio-Visual, Video conference and Telepresence systems and services all in house. Uniquely set up to take care of the entire end-to-end solution, they will manage the project from the initial consultation, system design and build, through to training and maintenance support.
Be an integral member of the Client Services team assisting with technical support services, where required, including Helpdesk and on-site support to identify and rectify faults reported by clients whether nationally or internationally.
- Ensure the most efficient and effective methodology is applied to the resolution and closure of client calls and the processing of RMAs.
- Own client requests and ensure these are met with the correct level of support specified under the criteria of their maintenance agreement.
- Build strong client relationships, giving expert technical assistance by telephone or by videoconference in the first instance and following up promptly with an email, setting out what has been discussed to resolve the fault, by way of an audit trail.
- Promote and establish remote diagnostics wherever possible in the client environment in order to interrogate AV systems and infrastructure and to bring about a resolution in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Travel to client sites where necessary to identify and rectify faults.
- Provide support to all other engineers either remotely or during joint site visits.
- Escalate client faults, whenever appropriate, to your line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Be knowledgeable on and conversant with the Company’s portfolio of solutions and services with particular emphasis on infrastructure, cloud video services and Microsoft integration.
- Assist with in-house testing to ensure Company solutions are robust and also beta testing to ensure an excellent understanding of manufacturer products and their relevance to existing and future sales opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc duties as and when required by a Director.
- File all relevant technical documentation on the Company servers and distribute technical information as appropriate.
- Maintain an up to date, daily record of all significant activities and communications with all clients and prospects through the CRM database
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have proven experience as detailed above and have previously worked within the commercial AV Industry.
- You will have strong interpersonal skills, be a good team player and have an eye for attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will have obtained a combination/blend of:-
- AVIXA CTS, Poly CVE, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE, MCP or MCITP and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Skype for Business and/or Teams.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 200