Audit Senior - Leeds
Our client is a firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors established nearly 30 years ago. They provide a full range of accounting, audit and tax services to an enviable client base dominated by owner managed and family businesses. Their clients range from small businesses to an AIM listed company and include several businesses that are well known in the local area.
They pride themselves on being of a size where they can offer exceptional levels of client service.
To the employee they offer:
• A supportive, nurturing working environment;
• A team culture - you'll never feel isolated; and
• A fantastic opportunity for career progression
Due to the continued growth of the firm, an exciting opportunity became available for an accountant with at least three years external audit experience, to join their audit team. Great opportunity to work with a fantastic client base. No hierarchy system like many large national firms, but work with a 'one-team' approach and have complete autonomy without the outside influences of a head office;
This role is as an Audit Senior leading "on-site" audit fieldwork at clients' premises, liaising with clients' senior management and managing the audit team onsite. You will report to one of the Audit Managers or direct to a Partner, taking responsibility for the completion of audit files and the drafting of audited financial statements.
• Qualified ACA or ACCA (or exam finalist) with at least three years external audit experience. Ideally this experience will predominantly be of auditing UK owner managed and family businesses who report under FRS102;
• At least twelve months experience of leading "on-site" audit assignments and reporting to audit managers and partners;
• Strong accounts experience;
• Excellent communicator who needs to be able to work as part of a growing team, dealing with clients and other team members with a variety of experience alike;
• Full UK driving licence and car; and
• Good Excel skills are a must, and experience with ProAudit, IRIS and SAGE would be preferable.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies - Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.