Associate/Legal Director - Regulatory - Safety, Health, and Environment - Bristol
Salary: excellent package commensurate with experience + benefits
Our client is a leading international legal business. They have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in other countries (Dublin, Madrid, Paris, Singapore, Chile, Colombia). They also have associations/alliances with firms in Malaysia, Brazil, Peru, Argentina, the USA, Australia. They are a commercial firm with a strong heritage in insurance, health, and real estate.
They are now on the lookout for a suitability qualified and experienced Associate/Legal Director - Regulatory - Safety, Health, and Environment to join them in their Bristol office
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Undertake a busy and varied but predominantly environmental defence case load encompassing a range of contentious and non-contentious regulatory issues for a variety of clients. You will also be expected to delegate work to junior fee earners and to assist with their supervision.
- Act as a point of contact for clients working in accordance with client protocols, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Assist with business development activities with a view to developing and establishing environmental contentious and not contentious work streams for the firm. Where appropriate assist in the preparation and delivery of pitches, presentations, and training events.
- Demonstrate sound file management – to include compliance with company protocols and any client protocols as required; consistent and accurate billing and credit control; management of WIP and file closures; updating Management Information.
- Assume responsibility for quality control and benchmark compliance on own caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of management reporting and information.
- Maintain an understanding of other practice areas and an active internal network
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications, and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Solicitor with at least five years post qualification experience gained within a regulatory and / or commercially focused environment.
- You will have experience of advising on regulatory work including - health and safety incident investigations, interviews under caution, prosecutions, environmental breaches, breaches of trading standards, food law and/or fire safety.
- You will have significant experience of advising and representing organisations in relation to environmental matters both contentious and non-contentious.
- You will have experience of business development, building client relationships and client relationship management.
- Candidates with experience of financial services regulation will also be considered. Inquest experience would be beneficial
- Willingness to travel at short notice to assist clients to manage situations on the ground as they happen.
- Demonstrate knowledge and technical skills as well as a commercial understanding of the client’s business.
- Excellent commercial understanding and awareness
- Excellent legal drafting, analytical and negotiating skills
- Demonstrate ability and exceed budgetary requirements in terms of both time and fee income,
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives
- IT literate with good knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/previous experience of a case management system is also essential as are good keyboard skills
- Excellent packagecommensurate with experience + benefits
- A generous range of benefits,
- The opportunity to further your career within a growing business
- Flexible working
If you are a suitably qualified and experienced Associate/Legal Director - Regulatory - Safety, Health and Environment to join them in their Bristol office and ready for your next challenge in a growing organisation with lots of opportunity to progress, we would love to hear from you!
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.