£65,000 to £75,000 Per Annum
Associate Employers Agent / Project Manager
Salary: £65k - £75k + benefits
An award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy which includes Architecture, BIM, Building Surveying, Civil & Structural Engineering, Clerk of Works, Employer’s Agent, Health & Safety Consultancy, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Project Management, Quantity Surveying, Rights of Light & Party Wall Surveying and Sustainability services.
Experience of delivering projects across all major sectors, for public and private sector clients, has provided an understanding of the differing demands and constraints their clients work under. The client uses this knowledge to develop innovative solutions and add value with the approach employed.
The client is seeking a suitably experienced candidate who can demonstrate relevant knowledge, undertaking the role of Employer’s Agent & Project Management. Offering you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed-use regeneration projects, with values in the range of £2-£100m+, within London and the surrounding.
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated)
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled
- Preparing contract engrossments
- Have a thorough understanding of the upcoming Building Safety Bill
Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- An understanding of development control and funding/delivery standards within the housing sector
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans
- Undertaking all day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks.
- University degree in Project Management, Building/Quantity Surveying or a similar construction related subject.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ post qualification experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with PM/Building surveying background
- RICS qualified.
- Experience in residential development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients, and the wider team in a professional manner
- Able to work within a team
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem solve
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities
- A desire to coach/manage junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects
- Experience in preparation of Value for Money Reports
- NEC Contract experience
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- The post holder will need a valid CSCS card
Hours: 35 Hours
- Death in Service Scheme
- Professional Fees
- Business Mileage
- Training and Development
- Private Medical Insurance
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.