Assistant Manager - Business Tax - Cambridge
Salary: Competitive salary and additional benefits
Our independent accountancy firm who are the Largest in the city have an excellent opportunity to appoint an assistant manager for their Business Tax team. They are offering an excellent work life balance with continuous career development, and have been serving clients for over 140 years.
The role will be interesting and diverse embracing both the compliance and advisory aspects of this specialist role. You will enjoy managing your own compliance portfolio and contribute to some interesting and varied advisory projects. You will be part of a busy and growing team with every opportunity to be involved in some exciting and complex assignments. You will be expected to assist and support the firm in meeting its strategic aims and commercial objectives whilst reporting to the managers, directors and partners.
- Review tax returns completed by other team members and provide guidelines and feedback where necessary to aid development
- Acting as Business Tax specialist giving advice to clients and company groups on various Business tax issues
- Dealing with routine correspondence concerning clients affairs on a timely basis
- Assisting with detailed and more complex work on assignments when necessary/appropriate
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of subject, keeping up to date with tax legislation changes, HMRC practices and current tax planning ideas
- Overseeing jobs and work in progress within the team
- Supervision of trainees where appropriate
- Overseeing billing, debt collection and reduction of write offs
- Identify marketing opportunities both for additional services with existing clients and introducing new clients to the firm
Essential Skills & Requirements:
You must be CTA qualified and have a minimum of 3 years’ experience within a Business Tax environment. An interest in tax legislation, HMRC practices and current tax planning would be an advantage.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.