£28,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
Area Sales Managers – North London
Salary: £28k - £32k (OTE £42K) + Company Car + Pension + Healthcare Benefits
Our client provides a food service solution, delivering a comprehensive range of foods, The delivery service is second to none, and services a wide range of customers. They provide a foodservice solution for Independents, Groups, Regional and National Contracts.
Your role as Sales Representative is to sell the company’s products and services to individuals and businesses within the defined geographical area.
- As well as approaching potential customers with the aim of winning new business, you will strive to maintain good relationships with existing customers, gaining repeat business.
- You will need a high degree of self-motivation and determination to succeed within the competitive Foodservice market.
- Planned and methodical with your daily activities ensuring all tasks are executed to the highest standards.
- Using all available customer trading information, you will analyse and identify and close profitable sales opportunities.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers in person and via telephone calls and emails.
- Maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders within the company to ensure existing customers receive the best service level possible
- Listen to the customers’ requirements and present appropriately to make the sale
- Cold call to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Respond to incoming email and phone enquiries
- Negotiate the terms and price of an agreement and close sales
- Gather market and customer information and pass back to the company
- Challenge any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and discuss special promotions
- Make accurate and profitable cost calculations when providing customers with proposals
- Represent the company at trade shows, conferences and demonstrations
- Review your own sales performance to exceed sales budgets and KPI’s
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues
- Sales reports contain required level of detail and meet deadline
- Sales aptitude; the ability to recognise and seize sales opportunities when they appear
- Good at thinking strategically, setting goals and proactively making new sales by inviting customers to consider new products and services.
- Decision making; decide the best sales tactic to use for each customer and the ideal way to resolve customer issues as they arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understand a customer’s needs and respond in a way the customer understands
- Excellent listening skills
- The ability to understand and process instructions and information
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- A high degree of motivation and ambition
- To work independently and part of a team
- Capability to flourish in a competitive environment
- A good level of numeracy
- Full driving licence
- Composure, calmness and self-control in every situation
- Integrity to do the right things in a dependable way
- Dependable and reliable in terms of adhering to schedules, pursuing new opportunities and producing consistent work.
- Desire to sell and be at the top
- Great at building rapport with the customer
- Tact; to be sensitive to what someone is feeling or experiencing, especially when dealing with a difficult issue.
- Self-confidence; Trust in the ability to present information to customers, to work with diverse people and collaborate with team members to meet sales goals.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.