Architect/Urban Designer – Central Liverpool
Salary: Very Competitive DOE
Our client specialises in award winning architecture with a well established reputation for the delivery of exceptional design architectural solutions based in Liverpool. Their wealth of bespoke residential schemes and strategic planning is predominant, offering specialist expertise in architecture, town planning, landscape architecture, master planning and conservation.
They are seeking a highly talented Architect/Urban designer Architecture Background for an immediate start within their busy studio in central Liverpool. The right candidate will be highly supported and given the opportunity for career progression in this friendly practice. You will have expertise in architectural design, master and planning support. You will have excellent people’s skills to deal with clients, fellow consultants and contractors. You will have exceptional verbal and written skills in English.
- Communicate ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of projects
- Use IT skills in design and project management, particularly Auto-Cad Software.
- Produce detailed drawings and specifications.
- Prepare applications for master planning.
- Draw up tender documents for contracts.
- Project manage and help with coordinating the work of contractors.
- Carry out site visits in order to check project progress.
- Ensure the project is run according to budget and deadline.
- Control the project from conception to completion.
- Negotiate with contractors, clients and fellow consultants.
- Design proposals to clients and present feasibility reports.
- Collaborate with other team members about design.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Brief Portfolio.
- Background in Architecture or Urban Design.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- 2-5 years postgraduate Experience (desirable but not essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent team player
- Excellent organisational skills
- Highly enthusiastic and committed to high quality work and imaginative place-making.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.