IT & Internet
£45,000 Per Annum
Applications Support Technician - Poole
Salary: up to £45k + Bonus + Pension + Discount Shopping Scheme + Free Car Parking
Full time, Permanent
Our client are a leading provider of IT solutions, providing services to SME’s to sizeable PLC’s, local business to international firms. They are proud of their excellent partnerships with industry vendors Citrix and Microsoft and are the UK’s number one Gold Partner with SAP (Business One and ByDesign). Today, their head office is a state-of-the-art, custom designed technology centre in Poole, which houses many of their professional, experienced, and passionate team of IT specialists.
An experienced, enthusiastic, and versatile individual is required to join an established technical service desk team in supporting their SAP Business One customer base.
**Working hours will be within core hours 7am to 7pm. Shift rota for the department will be in place to cover these hours (shifts would be rota’s to be 7am to 3.30pm, 8am to 4.30pm, 9am to 5.30pm and 10.30am to 7pm)
Applicants will have experience working in a technical capacity, within any leading ERP solution. Preferably with support and customer management skills.
- A professional and confident manner
- Support experience in any capacity working with queue management and prioritization
- Customer service skills
- A good working knowledge of computer hardware, networking principles and Microsoft Server Operating systems
- Understanding of Active Directory/Group Policies
- Experience working with EDI or ETL processes and common data structures (XML, JSON)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or similar database platform
- Understanding and experience using query languages (T-SQL)
- Working knowledge of script languages (e.g, Powershell, Visual Basic, Python)
- A strong understanding of any of the top ERP soloutions
- SAP Business One experience and / or accreditations
- Working knowledge of Veeam backup and replication
- Working knowledge of Virtual Machine snapshotting
- Working knowledge of security certificates (SSL certificates)
- Working knowledge of Citrix /Microsoft RDS/ Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Microsoft SQL Server Accreditations
- Experience investigating complex problems and identification of root causes.
- Experience using Linux
- Experience with Web API interfacing
- Experience with Boyum Products
- Experience with Codeless Platform Products
- Experience with programming languages (c#, java)
- Exposure of the SAP HANA database platform
- Exposure of SAP Concur, CodelessPlatforms BPA Platform, Boyum SBO add-ons, Solver Bi360, Magento Webshop
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent Maths and English - grade C or above
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.