£16,000 to £19,000 Per Annum
Accounts Technician (AAT Level 4) - Plymouth
Salary: £16,000 – £19,000 per annum
Our client is an accounting practice with offices in Devon and Somerset. They are looking to appoint a Level 3 AAT qualified Trainee Accounting Technician to join their business services team in Plymouth.
You will prepare financial information, reports and returns for a wide range of clients, both businesses and individuals whilst also using computer software to record financial transactions. You will prepare and provide personal and company tax computations, regular VAT returns and bookkeeping services. You will also help in information gathering to analyse and report information about income and expenditure to support decision making, planning and control.
Attributes, Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and personable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Professional and team orientated in approach
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
- Must be Level 3 AAT qualified
- Ideally a minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade 9-4, including Maths and English (or equivalent) and at least 2 A Levels grade A-C (or equivalent).
- 36.25 hours, 5 days per week (Flexible working hours is available including a combination of working from home and in the office)
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Buy and sell holiday
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% after 4 years’ service
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.