£30,000 to £35,000 Per Annum
Accounts Assistant – Payment/ Fund Transfers
Location: Central London
Competitive Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Permanent - Full-Time Position
A leading foreign bank based in Central London are looking to recruit an accounts assistant to join their Trade Finance team.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ previous payment experience in the banking sector and knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging.
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of transfers.
- Ensure AML checks are carried out on all Payments.
- Constantly monitor queues on systems to ensure no outstanding
- Respond to queries and other enquiries on transfers and payments
- Ensure proper record keeping in line with the bank’s policy.
- Daily Batch Checking review of payments
- Produce required MIS on work area
- Adopting a zero tolerance for processing errors and ensuring that all errors are identified and addressed same day.
- Strong liaison with the Compliance department, ensuring implementation of compliance policies and procedures and proactively alerting compliance issues
- Ensure timely identification of point of service failures and the implementation of corrective measures
- Ensure prompt reconciliation and proofing of all ledger accounts and efficient resolution of long-standing reconciliation items.
What skills you will need:
- Previous payment experience in the banking sector
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Adaptable and flexible
- Independent, innovative and ready to learn
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading bank that offer good career progression, please apply.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.