IT & Internet
£26,000 to £32,000 Per Annum
3rd Line Technician
Location: Fishburn, Stockton-On-Tees
Salary: £26k - £32k
A full-service IT Support Consultancy specialist providing business computer support services across the North East Region. Being a registered Microsoft Small Business Specialist & a Dell Registered Partner, they can offer the correct solution on time & on budget, every time for clients.
Working in partnership with clients as their IT department, the qualified and dedicated team ensures clients have total satisfaction from their IT support through remote & onsite support.
Operating for over 28 years in the business IT Support Consultancy arena, their client base across a spectrum of industry sectors has allowed their own talented team of technicians to develop their knowledge base ensuring they can solve any IT issue.
- Seeking a 3rd Line IT Technician to join the growing and successful support team.
- You will become part of a friendly team of support technicians providing first class IT support to a widely varied client portfolio
- These industries include but are not limited to engineering, construction, accountancy and auto mechanical engineering.
- In this permanent, full time position, you will work with a wide variety of hardware and software, and become involved in all areas of the IT lifecycle including planning, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting and support.
- The successful candidate will require strong technical knowledge, be confident in communicating with both colleagues and clients and be proficient in working to timescales. Given the nature of the position you will also be confident in taking on tasks involving technologies and software of which you have no prior experience
- Dealing with day to day support tasks, both on site and remotely using remote support tools
- Support the team with new server and IT system deployments
- Ensure all client calls are responded to professionally and in a timely manner
- Make use of their internal job monitoring systems to make sure everyone is always up to date with work progress
- Meet targets and timescales
- Maintain a high level of customer service to clients
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems including Windows 7/8/10
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Server Operation Systems including Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Technologies including but not limited to Exchange, Hyper-V and Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Cloud services and technologies
- General knowledge and hands-on experience of IT principles and technologies such as DHCP, DNS, TCP /IP, Switches/Routers/Firewalls and virtualisation
- Good timekeeping and communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Have a willingness and passion to increase your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Full driving license and own transport essential
- Certifications, qualifications and experience required:
- Industry certifications from Microsoft or Cisco are desired, as would be a Computer Science related degree.
- Hands on experience in an IT support role of 5+ years is also preferred.
- Previous work experience at an IT MSP also desired
- . Candidates possessing the right level of character, drive and delivery focus but missing some of the above drivers will Stll be considered.
- Work laptop
- Mobile phone
- Time and guidance on furthering your IT knowledge and qualifications
- Health benefit plan
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.