IT & Internet
£22,000 to £26,000 Per Annum
2nd line Technical Engineer
Salary: £22k to £26k DOE
We are looking for an experienced 2nd line Technical Engineer who wishes to progress into the world of professional services/project delivery. This position is a chance to join a fast-paced and close-knit team delivering IT infrastructure changes and migrations to their client base. This role is hands on and will report directly to the Projects Manager who heads up the team.
They have been providing IT support and services to businesses across the Gatwick Diamond from their office. They are a complete technology solution provider from desktop devices up to fully hosted solutions. They believe that quality matters and They are ISO27001, ISO9001 and Cyber Essentials certified.
Personal Skill Set:
- A “teamwork” mentality
- Ability to talk to clients who range from tech novices to extremely tech savvy
- Great organisational skills
- Great written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Methodical and systematic thinking
- The ability to think around a problem to reach a timely resolution
- Must have driving license
- Technical Skill Set
- 3 years + experience in an MSP environment
- Windows Server Operating Systems Experience
- Server 2019
- Server 2016
- Server 2012 & R2
- Knowledge of the following Microsoft Technologies
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- NTFS Folder Permissions
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration
- Fundamental networking
- DNS (both internal and external)
- HP Hardware knowledge
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions
- Unifi Wireless and switching
- VoIP solutions
- Gamma Horizon
- Akixi call managment
- Backup Solutions
- Barracuda MSP backup
- MSP Tools
- Connectwise Manage PSA
- Connectwise Automate RMM
- Understanding of Business Certifications
- Cyber Essentials
- ISO 27001 & 9001
- Responsible for developing and managing technology projects for customers by managing the time budget, and project
- scope. The primary duties include creating and maintaining a project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status & resource allocation.
- Ownership of the project management functions for delivery and service elements of the sales process.
- Understand overall project objectives, as well as the role and function of each project team member.
- Ensure the project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed upon.
- Coordinate delivery and implementation of projects that meet quality assurance standards.
- Drive problem investigation and resolution as required.
- Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production.
- Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.